1.1.2: specifying installation directory (env R) causes install to fail

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Mon Jun 5 18:03:04 CEST 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 18:28, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Kevin Bonner <keb at pa.net> wrote:
> > In the gcc line, if I add
> > "-L/tmp/freeradius-buildroot/usr/local/lib" and run it by hand to
> > build the module, everything works as expected.
>
>   Do the installed modules have references to 'freeradius-buildroot'
> in them?  Try doing "strings".

"strings * | grep -i buildroot" returns nothing

>   No, it's more libtool crap.
>
>   When you tell libtool to build dynamic library, it doesn't.  It
> builds shell scripts that determine how to link to the dynamic library
> from inside of the build tree.  libtool creates the dynamic library
> when you *install* it, hence the "relink" complaint.
>
>   And since the /tmp/freeradius-buildroot isn't in the ld search path,
> it can't find -lradius.
>
>   As you noted, adding -L... helps.  I'm not sure how to do this with
> libtool, because it's "install" stage doesn't accept linker options,
> even though it's actually doing linking.
>
>   Did I mention I hated that PoS?

I don't think you mentioned hating it this week.  :)

>   Maybe setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running libtool --install will work?
>
>   Alan DeKok.

I did get it to install successfully into the staging area.  Adding the
configure flag to use the system libtool (--with-system-libtool) used my
local version 1.5.6 and not the bundled version 1.4.2.

Kevin Bonner