1.1.2 is broken if you have closefrom()

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Thu Jun 15 08:26:35 CEST 2006

On June 9, 2006 1:56:16 PM +0200 Nicolas Baradakis <nbk at sitadelle.com> wrote:
> Frank Cusack wrote:
>
>> On June 8, 2006 6:02:44 PM -0400 Alan DeKok <aland at nitros9.org> wrote:
>> >  I'd like to see the diff, or have a description of it first, though.
>> > Working with libtool & autoconf is pretty insane.
>>
>> Yeah.  So what I did is upgrade to libtool and ltdl 1.5.22.  The current
>> libtool and ltdl is GNU + changes.
>
> I'm also wary of a new version of libtool and ltdl. I think we should
> just pull the libtool stuff from CVS head. This version has been tested
> for a while, and it should solve the problem with the $R variable, too.
>
> I also note the autotools versions have to be compatible: libtool 1.4
> comes with autoconf 2.13, and libtool 1.5 comes with autoconf 2.50.
> Upgrade one but not the other may lead to unpredictable results.

Well, even 1.1 as-is actually requires autoconf-2.50.  I was going to put
add that to configure.in as part of the patch.

The current libtool-freeradius integration is pretty sloppy, it wasn't
smooth sailing trying to upgrade.  We need to fix that.  The libtool
just changes the build process, so I'm VERY confident of its correctness.
I only updated ltdl because the new libtool requires it.  I'm also
highly confident of ltdl correctness.

I guess the only other thing I can say here is that the difference
between 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 would be the non-FR software, if folks run into
problems we can just tell them to use 1.1.2 instead ... with no worries
of any actual FR differences.

-frank