Using radius to determine a users group membership.

Alan DeKok aland at nitros9.org
Sun Jun 18 17:09:11 CEST 2006

Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net> wrote:
>       I am not that familiar with radius so I was hoping a guru could
> help me out. Using a radius client library, I would like to be able to
> determine if a given user is a member of a given group.

  That information has to go into the RADIUS reply packet, in an
attribute.  See share/dictionary.unix for one example.

>       If someone knows how to accomplish this, could they kindly point
> me to some documentation that describes the method?

  It's an unusual enough request that there's no documentation detail
exactly how to do it.  It falls under the generic idea of "configure
the server to send attribute X with value Y".