enabling syslog service in freeradius-1.1.1

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Wed May 10 14:38:40 CEST 2006

Hi,

> But my concern is, im not seeing those logs in the local syslog server
> itself.

because you havent configured it to.

> I think log_dir = /var/log/radius.log  option in readiusd.conf over writes
> the -l syslog option.

the '-l' option is to define a log file location. why do you believe it to be
otherwise?

> What config change is needed in freeradius server side so that the logs goes
> to the syslog server( whether its local or remote ) ?

check the radiusd.conf file. right at the top during the first hundred lines
are the parts that define HOW the server spits out its logs. you need to change
the destination from 'files' to 'syslog' - theres not much else to it.

> Note : All the logs goes to /var/log/radius.log now.

of course they do. you told the server to do that.

alan