enabling syslog service in freeradius-1.1.1

sumi sumi.rs at gmail.com
Thu May 11 09:03:36 CEST 2006

Hey Alan,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.

But, im not able to figure-out the correct configuration.

I am using the default radiusd.conf file.

Please let me know which config item needs to be changed for the same.

Awaiting for your reply.

Thanks
Sumi

On 5/10/06, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > But my concern is, im not seeing those logs in the local syslog server
> > itself.
>
> because you havent configured it to.
>
> > I think log_dir = /var/log/radius.log  option in readiusd.conf over
> writes
> > the -l syslog option.
>
> the '-l' option is to define a log file location. why do you believe it to
> be
> otherwise?
>
> > What config change is needed in freeradius server side so that the logs
> goes
> > to the syslog server( whether its local or remote ) ?
>
> check the radiusd.conf file. right at the top during the first hundred
> lines
> are the parts that define HOW the server spits out its logs. you need to
> change
> the destination from 'files' to 'syslog' - theres not much else to it.

  I am not seeing any config item like 'files' in the first 100 lines.

--
"If u look at what u dont have in life, u dont have anything

         But if u look at what u have in life, u have everything.....!!"