enabling syslog service in freeradius-1.1.1

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu May 11 10:51:06 CEST 2006

Hi,

> But, im not able to figure-out the correct configuration.
>
> I am using the default radiusd.conf file.

that wont work. you must configure the radiusd.conf file

> Please let me know which config item needs to be changed for the same.

isnt it obvious? the default config file is well documented
and laid out. lets look at a few basic parts:

#
#  Destination for log messages.  This can be one of:
#
#       files - log to ${log_file}, as defined above.
#       syslog - to syslog (see also the log{} section, below)
#       stdout - standard output
#       stderr - standard error.
#
#  The command-line option "-X" over-rides this option, and forces
#  logging to go to stdout.
#
log_destination = files

so, change that line to

log_destination = syslog

now, lets look at the other part mentioned...the log{} stanza:
it says that the option, of 'daemon' is usual and is OS dependent.
as there is little traffic from people regarding issues and extra
requirements you may leave this as is.

wheres the difficulty?

alan