problem with proxy and 2.0pre2

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 27 16:50:30 CEST 2007

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
> aha. thanks for the feedback.  i also see another issue. if i have a few
> servers defined in a pool, then i am given the 'already exists' error
> and the server wont start eg
> home_server test0 {
>                 hostname = ${test_config.server0}

  Errr... the "hostname" parsing stuff isn't done yet.  Use IP addresses.

  The larger problem is "what do you mean by a hostname"?  In many
cases, there will be one IPv4/v6 address for a hostname.  If there is
more than one...

> i also note another pseudo-issue. the example proxy.conf supplied
> comes with the last few lines....
> #realm NULL {
> #       type            = radius
> however, 'type = radius' is now defunt - and the server doesnt like it
> at all. acct+auth is the correct and only alternative, yes?

  The "type" in 1.1.x didn't do anything, and was there just for show.
I don't think it's necessary at all here.

  i.e. just delete it, and the server should work.  That's how I do my
testing...