problem with proxy and 2.0pre2

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Aug 27 22:34:15 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:
> A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>
>> aha. thanks for the feedback.  i also see another issue. if i have a few
>> servers defined in a pool, then i am given the 'already exists' error
>> and the server wont start eg

>> home_server test0 {
>>                 hostname = ${test_config.server0}
>>

>   Errr... the "hostname" parsing stuff isn't done yet.  Use IP addresses.

      home_server test0 {
                                  ipaddr = my.domain.ac.uk

works though :)
>   The larger problem is "what do you mean by a hostname"?  In many
> cases, there will be one IPv4/v6 address for a hostname.  If there is
> more than one...

Expand the address record into multiple home servers, each deriving
their secrets/ports from the original.

Then if the original home server is referenced in a pool, add all the
other ones associated with it...

That way stuff like client balance would still work.
>> i also note another pseudo-issue. the example proxy.conf supplied
>> comes with the last few lines....

>> #realm NULL {
>> #       type            = radius

>> however, 'type = radius' is now defunt - and the server doesnt like it
>> at all. acct+auth is the correct and only alternative, yes?

Yes, acct+auth means that account packets will go out on the defined
port + 1.
Saves having to duplicate home servers for acct+auth.
>   The "type" in 1.1.x didn't do anything, and was there just for show.
> I don't think it's necessary at all here.

Erm ... above feature needs it ?
>   i.e. just delete it, and the server should work.  That's how I do my
> testing...
>
>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html