CVS Server

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 28 08:34:16 CEST 2007

Hugh Messenger wrote:
> Chris Parker quoth:
>> We will be migrating CVS to a new, vastly superior server in the near
>> future.
>
> Ah, you mean you are switching to SVN?
>
> Ha ha, just my little joke.

  Subversion is horrible.

  IMHO, the choices are git or mercurial.  Git has some nice features,
and some bad ones (rebase is useful, but bad for shared repositories.)
The worst thing I've heard about git is that "the interface requires
brains to remember how to use it".

  I'm not sure I have brainpower to spare for remembering arcane VCS
commands.

  In contrast, mercurial doesn't do branching or rebase as well as it,
but it took me 10 seconds to learn, and it hasn't gotten in my way...
ever.  It Just Works.