reasoning/question about accounting_onoff_query

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Dec 17 23:33:53 CET 2007

On Mon 17 Dec 2007, Duane Cox wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong...
>
> But I believe the "accounting_onoff_query" is to be executed by a
> rebooting nas, or other similiar situation, so that all accounts that are
> currently "online" or specifiically all accounting records that are open
> (START), are to be closed, only accounts pertaining to that specific nas..
>  Well that's how I read the conf file.
>
> If so, souldn't the query also update the AcctStatusType to "Stop" ??
>
> I've looked over all the db examples, and they are pretty much the same,
> update the StopTime, SessionTime, TerminateCause, etc, but they don't
> update the StatusType... why?

Possibly, although if there is a acctstoptime then the StatusType is not
really necessary. Maybe the StatusType should be set to "off" or something
similar to be explicit about how the record was closed... (These type of
behaviours are not defined by RFCs so we try to come up with the most
logical/usefull setup)

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon