feedback on building latest branch_1_1 on sles10

Markus Krause krause at biochem.mpg.de
Sat Feb 17 01:12:11 CET 2007

Hi developers!

As it seems that 1.1.5 will be released soon (see below ;-)) here some
feedback on building the latest cvs branch_1_1. If you don't need
('cause you do this on your own often enough) please let me know, i
don't want to steal your time, just want to contribute (and if it's
only some testing ...)

So what i did: Just pulled branch_1_1 from cvs and tried to build on
SLES10 (32bit), using the suse/freeradius.spec i found to things:

   Version: 1.1.3
shouldn't that be at least 1.1.4?

the following line refuses the building as the file "otppasswd.sample"
is not found:

   %attr(640,-,radiusd) /etc/raddb/otppasswd.sample

after commenting out this line the build runs without problems.
installing the rpm-package: i got a working freeradius server using
ldap (auth,autz), mysql (auth,acct), rlm_perl, eap with usage of
realms seems to run without problems. so, great work, go on! ;-)

if i can help in some way (testing etc., can do this on sles10, debian
on macosx if needed) please let me know, otherwise just ignore this
message ;-)

regards
    markus