Propose to release 2.0-pre0 this week

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Mon May 14 14:48:38 CEST 2007

Alan DeKok wrote:

>   I think that the basic server functionality is looking pretty good.
> I'd like to release 2.0-pre0 this week, with the following TO-DO's:
>
> - fix HUP handling
> - fix detail file handling
> - minor changes to proxying for even more stability
> - some more documentation
> - add magic feature 1
> - add magic feature 2
> - Coverity scan before final release
>
>   Comments?  And no, I'm not talking about what the 2 magic features are. :)

I've also seen a problem with MySQL and stored procedures on the -users
mailing list. I'll try to look at this when I'll have some time. (likely
at the end of the week)

I remember a discussion a long time ago about renaming "radiusd"
to "freeradius". If we want to do it, we have a good opportunity
to do it now. (before releasing a beta version)

I'd also suggest to take this opportunity to clean up things a little
and remove all the trailing whitespaces in the sources like done
already in 2004. If you agree with this idea I can take care of it.

Finally I also need to update the files under the debian/ folder.
A new Debian stable version was released last month, so I can drop
support for "Sarge" now.

--
Nicolas Baradakis