Propose to release 2.0-pre0 this week

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 14 14:57:40 CEST 2007

Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> I've also seen a problem with MySQL and stored procedures on the -users
> mailing list. I'll try to look at this when I'll have some time. (likely
> at the end of the week)

  Ok.  Let's release 2.0-pre0, and add that patch in for -pre1.

> I remember a discussion a long time ago about renaming "radiusd"
> to "freeradius". If we want to do it, we have a good opportunity
> to do it now. (before releasing a beta version)

  Hmm... This means updating all of the "man" pages and documentation,
including "radiusd.conf".  Let's leave this for a little bit, as
changing it will be a lot of work.

> I'd also suggest to take this opportunity to clean up things a little
> and remove all the trailing whitespaces in the sources like done
> already in 2004. If you agree with this idea I can take care of it.

  Thanks.  See the Perl script in revision 1.310 of src/main/radiusd.c

> Finally I also need to update the files under the debian/ folder.
> A new Debian stable version was released last month, so I can drop
> support for "Sarge" now.

  OK.