upgrade path for distributions

Stephen Gran steve at lobefin.net
Sun Sep 2 19:37:07 CEST 2007

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 03:59:51PM +0200, Alan DeKok said:
> Peter Nixon wrote:
> > This doesn't solve the issue of having version 1.x and 2.x installed side by
> > side, but at least it means that there is not a package name conflict.
>
>   Maybe debian can put things into /etc/freeradius, instead of
> /etc/raddb.  I do dislike version numbers in filenames.

We already do, and that's part of the problem here, unfortunately.
Trust me, I'm not loving the new package name idea and all that goes
with it.

>  And why not call the binary "radiusd"?  I know it conflicts with
> Debian's xtradius, etc.  But geez, does anyone *really* use that stuff
> any more?

Heh, probably not, but since we ship a bunch of radiusd's, I think it
would be impolite to take the name unilaterally.  That's why apache is
shipped as apache/apache2 rather than httpd, for instance.
|  Stephen Gran                  | A prohibitionist is the sort of man one |
|  steve at lobefin.net             | wouldn't care to drink with -- even if  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | he drank.   -- H. L. Mencken            |