upgrade path for distributions

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Sep 2 15:59:51 CEST 2007

Peter Nixon wrote:
> I suggest however that this time around we solve the problem by renaming
> to "freeradius-server" given that we now have a "freeradius-client".

  Er, yes.  We've discussed that before.  I'm losing... something.  I'll
remember in a bit.

> This doesn't solve the issue of having version 1.x and 2.x installed side by
> side, but at least it means that there is not a package name conflict.

  Maybe debian can put things into /etc/freeradius, instead of
/etc/raddb.  I do dislike version numbers in filenames.

 And why not call the binary "radiusd"?  I know it conflicts with
Debian's xtradius, etc.  But geez, does anyone *really* use that stuff
any more?