Regular expressions support in FreeRadius.

Dmitry V. Krivenok krivenok at orangesystem.ru
Thu Oct 30 09:32:49 CET 2008

Anatoly S. Zimin wrote:
> Hi!
> I compiled freeradius by default and I have regexp support.

I believe I have regexp support too.
However, I read this in default radiusd.conf:

#  Regular expressions
#
#  These items are set at configure time.  If they're set to "yes",
#  then setting them to "no" turns off regular expression support.
#
#  If they're set to "no" at configure time, then setting them to "yes"
#  WILL NOT WORK.  It will give you an error.
#
regular_expressions     = yes
extended_expressions    = yes

According to this comment there is possibility to set these options
to "no" at configure time (i.e. when I run ./configure).

I think the comment is wrong or outdated.