FreeRADIUS+unixODBC+BerkeleyDB

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Feb 19 09:18:58 CET 2009

Sourav Chakraborty wrote:
> Thanks for the info....in that case please let me know how to configure
> FreeRadius to use BerkeleyDB.I can see a module rlm_dbm in
> freeradius-server-2.1.3/src/modules.Is that the module which helps
> connect FreeRADIUS to BerkeleyDB?

  I think you have it backwards.

  You are asking how to implement a solution, but you haven't said what
the problem is.

  What do you want the server to *do* with a BDB?  What do you want to
store in the DB?  Why have you decided that a BDB is a solution to some
un-stated problem?

  And there's no need to use rlm_dbm.  It will likely be deprecated, or
removed, in a future release.