autoconf uses explicit path

Scott Neugroschl redfloyd at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 00:03:37 CEST 2010

Any autoconf wizards out there?

The autoconf scripts for freeradius-client 1.1.8 put the absolute path of
where it was run from into the makefiles.

Example:

[N1:~/freeradius]> grep scottn Makefile
ACLOCAL = ${SHELL} /users/scottn/freeradius/missing --run aclocal-1.9
AMTAR = ${SHELL} /users/scottn/freeradius/missing --run tar
AUTOCONF = ${SHELL} /users/scottn/freeradius/missing --run autoconf
AUTOHEADER = ${SHELL} /users/scottn/freeradius/missing --run autoheader
AUTOMAKE = ${SHELL} /users/scottn/freeradius/missing --run automake-1.9
MAKEINFO = ${SHELL} /users/scottn/freeradius/missing --run makeinfo
install_sh = /users/scottn/freeradius/install-sh

If you wish to move the freeradius-client directory tree elsewhere, you have
to rerun autoconf.

I am afraid that I'm not familiar enough with autoconf to correct this.

Alan, if you want, I can submit this as a bug.

ScottN