Shared Secret questions.

Scott Neugroschl redfloyd at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:46:54 CEST 2010

Adam Lewis wrote:

> I also have a question about shared secret. Namely: how do I get the
> freeRADIUS client to support shared secrets larger than 48 characters?
> tried increasing the size of MAX_SECRET_LENGTH in freeradius-client.h
> but
> this did not help. It is possible that fitting the client into our
> embedded
> environment, I may have broken something but I tested radclient
> (against
> microsoft 2008 server) and it didn't work either.

I'm going to be looking into this as well.  I'm planning on trying to extend
it to 256 bytes, just in case.

I'm also going to be looking at the handling of the State attribute in
rc_avpair_tostr(), since it's not necessarily a NUL terminated ASCII string;
but rather a length/octet-string combo.

That latter is a heads up to Alan, so he'll know that it might be coming
down the road.

ScottN