Maintenance of the current radiusclient codebase

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jul 10 10:36:35 CEST 2011

freeradius developer/user identity wrote:
> Thank you for the patches, but I'm confused. If the plan is
> to replace radiusclient completely within a few months with
> code that is currently being developed, why patch the current
> code with patches more than a year old?

  For one, the patches are still useful.  There are a lot of
applications using the existing freeradius-client library.  It will be a
*long* time before those applications get re-written.

  So there's still a need for updated releases.

>  When you announced
> that you would be replacing radiusclient, I assumed that a
> separate maintainer for the old codebase would not be needed.

  The new library is *not* BSD licensed.  Parts of it may be in the
future.  But nothing is set in stone, due to commercial / legal issues.
 And those are largely out of my control.

  Having an updated freeradius-client library would be valuable.