FreeRADIUS 2.2.0 feature query

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Dec 6 00:48:29 CET 2012

On 5 Dec 2012, at 23:09, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at LBORO.AC.UK> wrote:

> hi,
>
> just so I am not going mad.....

Not so sure ;)

>  the Recent news on freeradius.org
> lists feature improvements of 2.2.0 . last item listed is:
>
> . Added cache config item to rlm_krb5. When set to "no" ticket caching is disabled which may increase performance.
>

> I cant find this in 2.2.0 - theres no sign of the option in the source code or example
> in the provided configuration files.

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v2.x.x/src/modules/rlm_krb5/rlm_krb5.c#L50
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/v2.x.x/src/modules/rlm_krb5/rlm_krb5.c#L72

Not in default configs, just add cache = no.

> the option IS there for 3.0 HEAD code.  is this something that will ALSO appear in
> the next 2.2.x release?
>
> ...also, one letter expansions are mentioned (a couple of new ones) I seem to recall
> that these one letter things are going to go the way of the dodo in HEAD....is that
> still correct and happening?

Yeah commercial pressure vs doing the right thing :) i.e. they were backported to 2.x.x because they were needed for something, but one letter expansions are dumb (and unescaped?) and will be removed in 3.0.0 (some already have been). I think were going to replace the time ones with a strftime expansion using one of the platform independent libraries that are floating around.

-Arran