error loading shared libraries - BOILER=yes

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Sat Feb 11 13:17:21 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:23:27AM +0100, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Matthew Newton wrote:
> > Errors reading /opt/fr3/etc/raddb: No such file or directory
>
>   Well... yes.  The path to raddb is hard-coded into the binary.  If
> you're running it from the build directory, it doesn't really know that.

Sorry - I realised that, was just indicating that it started OK.

> > The problem seems to be in the final 'gcc -rdynamic -o build/bin/relink/radiusd'
> > command - if you remove all the many

>   The PRLIBS stuff is there for Mac, which *does* require the binary to
> be told where the libaries live.  <sigh> Like the dynamic linker can't
> find libraries?

Eww - I thought the whole point of a dynamic linker was to go off
and find libraries for you! :)

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>