rlm_detail packet selection

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Sun Feb 12 00:56:38 CET 2012

Hi,

After the virtual server for eap-tls, I realised that there was no
way to get rlm_detail to log the request packet in post-auth. As
the TLS-* attribs are added to the request, but only available in
post-auth, there's a problem if you want to use rlm_detail unless
you set up the eap-tls virtual server.

This patch adds a log_packet option to detail, which has the
options 'request', 'reply', 'proxy-request' and 'proxy-reply', to
select the packet to log. If not specified, or the requested
packet has nothing in it, it falls back to the previous default.

https://github.com/mcnewton/freeradius-server/commit/ad07620e9fd97c38b78527c2dd38794b1b1da454

Rather than just allow it log the request in post-auth, I thought
it would be more flexible to allow the admin to set what they want
to log, although I couldn't think of any other non-debug use
cases myself.

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>