Tracking packet/s in the server

Alister Winfield alister at ticklers.org
Thu Feb 23 17:12:45 CET 2012

Dropping packets is enough to recovery as long as the server can cope with the average load over the whole day. Basically you push the bubble along until the load drops enough to recover. How this interacts with health-probes from load balancers and other monitoring platforms would be interesting to consider. Perhaps some source IPs should never be dropped ?