3.0 (master) build error

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jan 10 06:32:19 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
>> I'm trying to
>> build master branch (last commit d1dfb80) on Ubuntu natty (gcc-4.5.2)
>> with a simple ./configure && make, and the build failed with this
>> error:
>
>  I've pushed a tiny fix.

Thanks. I kinda suspect it was something like that :D

Some more observations (just curious, not important)
- rlm_protocol_filter is now removed. No problem though, it's
explained in git log
- radeapclient is not built by default. There's a comment about it on
git log, but no additional explanation. Is there a documentation on
the reasoning somewhere?

What IS important, is that I noticed sql.conf and eap.conf is now
moved to modules/. AFAIK all files in modules/ is included and parsed
by the server. This might be a problem in the following scenarios:
- user install FR3 package (e.g. rpm/deb)
- user modifies modules/sql or modules/eap
- user upgrades FR3 package, and since the two files changed, new
files will be created (e.g.  modules/sql.rpmnew or
modules/sql.dpkg-new)
- both files (e.g. modules/sql and modules/sql.rpmnew) is included and
parsed by the server, and both define the same module instance. This
might mean the wrong instance is used, or at minimum create a
confusion.

What is the recommended way to solve this problem? Should packagers
warn users "don't edit any file in modules/*, instead copy to a new
file and assign new instance name"?

--
Fajar