New LDAP module in "master"

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Nov 13 21:47:20 CET 2012

Peter Lambrechtsen wrote:
> We use the eDir module within FreeRadius quite heavily so wouldn't want
> to loose that functionality.

  I understand.

> If you have a RHEL (or Centos), SLES or Solaris instance then it's
> pretty straight forward how to test if the eDirectory Universal Password
> functionality is functional or not.  You can easily download eDirectory
> from download.novell.com <http://download.novell.com> and I can help
> with the few steps required to get a working instance after that.

  I'll see, but I can't make any promises.  I'm busy with other work,
and eDir isn't something I use at all.  Maybe someone else on the list
can help.

  Most of the relevant code is in edir_ldapext.c.  That hasn't changed.
 I *would* want it to be formatted correctly, though.

  And the whole "apc_conns" craziness needs to go away.  There's no need
for it. in the new module.  That should simplify the code.

  The "passwd_attr" code is gone.  It wasn't necessary, and deleting it
simplifies the server.  Instead, the module should have a simple boolean
"edir = yes / no".

  I think in the end the code changes aren't much.  They just require a
bit of time and effort.

  The rest of the LDAP module was changed for performance, simplicity,
and maintainability.  The new code is much better than the old.