building trouble

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Tue Oct 2 20:16:21 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-10-02 at 18:22 +0100, Matthew Newton wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 07:12:33PM +0200, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
> > The spec file we use had this:
> >          --with-system-libltdl=no \
> >          --with-system-libtool=no \
> >          --disable-ltdl-install
> >
> > Apparently, --with-system-libtool ignores the "no"
>
> It's standard autoconf options: I think you want
> '--without-system-libtool', just like --disable-ltdl-install vs.
> --enable-ltdl-install.

That's not true, as --with-system-libltdl=no and
--without-system-libtool are entirely equivalent, but the use of
AC_ARG_WITH in configure.in is incorrect because its third argument is a
block of code to be run whenever --with-<foo> is present(regardless of
the argument is receives), not when is enabled

Opened https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/pull/99

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib