building trouble

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 22:36:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

>   I've removed libtool from the build.  It's a horrible piece of software.
>
>   It looks like your libtool doesn't want to build libraries.  That's
> partly why I removed libtool.  It causes as many problems as it solves.
>
>   I've seen that error before, and there is a solution.  But I don't
> recall what it is.  And quite frankly, I don't care.  I've spent too
> many years fighting libtool for me to feel nice about it.
>
>   My guess is that ran configure with "--with-system-libtool".  Don't do
> that.  Then, it should work.

my config line is:

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-large-files --with-raddbdir=/etc/raddb --with-snmp --with-experimental-modules --enable-developer

I have added the --without-system-libtool (as --with-system-libtool=no doesnt work)

but it nows fails with:

LINK rlm_cram.la rlm_cram.lo
Making all in src/modules/rlm_dbm...
CC rlm_dbm.c
LINK rlm_dbm.la rlm_dbm.lo
CC rlm_dbm_parser.c
gmake[6]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/src/freeradius-server/src/lib/libfreeradius-radius.la', needed by `rlm_dbm_parser'.  Stop.
gmake[5]: *** [rlm_dbm] Error 2
gmake[4]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[3]: *** [modules] Error 2
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2