EAP-SIM on Radius 3.0 (devel)

Rodney Machado rodmachado at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 18:30:50 CEST 2013

Hi All,

I'm testing EAP-SIM support on the latest version of freeradius (got it via git).

<command>
git clone git://git.freeradius.org/freeradius-server.git
</command>

After I have compiled and installed it, I have modified the configuration files, as I have done on the older versions (v2.2.0). But, when I try to run the daemon i got this error:

<error>
/usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[613]: Failed to link to module 'rlm_sim_file': rlm_sim_file.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
</error>

<modified files>

in /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf:

<changes_in_radiusd.conf>
 sim_files {
             simtriplets = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/simtriplets.dat"
   }

</changes_in_radiusd.conf>

in /usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default

<changes_in_default>
In authorized {}
   sim_files
</changes_in_default>

in /usr/local/etc/raddb/mods-enabled/eap

<changes_in_eap>
sim{
}
</changes_in_eap>

What have changed on the 3.0 version (devel) of the freeradius?, perhaps rlm_sim_file is not needed anymore? Or there is a new configuration structure for supporting eap-sim?

Please advice.

Regards,
--RM