3.0 release schedule

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Aug 23 15:59:34 CEST 2013

rc0 was released on July 11th. Since then I haven't heard anything about
the release schedule. Monitoring the list shows some issues were
discovered in rc0 which needed attention. Will there be an rc1? If so
when? Is there an anticipated release date for 3.0 gold?

I ask because RHEL-7 is moving along and I think everyone would like to
see FreeRADIUS 3.0 be in RHEL-7 instead of 2.2.0. But the window of
opportunity is rapidly closing. I cannot give you internal milestone
dates, but I can say that an exception is being made for FreeRADIUS and
management is quite concerned about a major new version landing in
RHEL-7 without adequate preparation and a significant discussion is
occurring on this topic and it would help if I could provide some
clarifying information for our planning purposes.

--
John