3.0 release schedule

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Aug 23 16:20:57 CEST 2013

John Dennis wrote:
> rc0 was released on July 11th. Since then I haven't heard anything about
> the release schedule. Monitoring the list shows some issues were
> discovered in rc0 which needed attention. Will there be an rc1? If so
> when? Is there an anticipated release date for 3.0 gold?

  There will be a -rc1... soon.

  Part of the issue is that a number of rare, but serious issues were
discovered late in the release cycle.  Arran and I both have had other
work.  So fixing the issues has lagged.

  I've pushed some fixes this week.  There are 3 issues left.  One
already has a verified fix, which just needs to be pushed back.

> I ask because RHEL-7 is moving along and I think everyone would like to
> see FreeRADIUS 3.0 be in RHEL-7 instead of 2.2.0. But the window of
> opportunity is rapidly closing. I cannot give you internal milestone
> dates, but I can say that an exception is being made for FreeRADIUS and
> management is quite concerned about a major new version landing in
> RHEL-7 without adequate preparation and a significant discussion is
> occurring on this topic and it would help if I could provide some
> clarifying information for our planning purposes.

  I understand.  I'll focus the first week of September on closing all
issues for 3.0.