master build failure

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 18:38:38 CET 2013

On 20/02/13 16:43, Alan DeKok wrote:

>    I put const to the left, to highlight the fact that the variable
> declarations are parsed right to left:
>
>    X is a pointer to a CONF_PARSER which is const
>
> which is the same as:
>
>    X is a pointer to a const CONF_PARSER

Really? I read the first as:

(x is a pointer to a conf parser) which is const

i.e. "x", the pointer, is const. Not what is pointed to.

I'm going by this:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/const-ptr-vs-ptr-const.html

...which sits in my bookmarks. But I freely admit to finding const in C
confusing.

However - there is now some evidence that my build was screwed, and the
3.0.0 server was somehow loading an older 3.0.0 build from /usr/local,
despite --prefix being set and "libdir" being set in the radiusd.conf

So I think my problem is different.