2.x.x regression: custom SQL queries

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Jul 5 15:11:39 CEST 2013

On 5 Jul 2013, at 14:04, Stefan Winter <stefan.winter at restena.lu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>  And %rand is wrong.  It should be %{rand:...}
>
> Yes, found that in the debug output meanwhile (that, and 5h -> %H). I
> fixed it, but it didn't help with the md5 situation.
>
> About the system being sane... it's an older distro, but has been
> running all my 2.x.x versions since 2.0.0 or so. I always compile with
> the same configure switches etc. The sole difference between my 2.2.0
> and 2.x.x GIT build is that I also switched OpenSSL from 1.0.1c to
> 1.0.1e (yes, ld.so.conf / ldconfig point to the version matching the
> headers).

Could be linking to an older version of rlm_expr. The registration for the md5
xlat was moved out of main/xlat.c into rlm_expr, and IIRC 2.x.x doesn't have
strict version checking between radiusd and the modules.

If this is the case expr will probably be available, but hex/sha1/base64/tobase64/
base64tohex won't be.

FreeRADIUS Development Team