[ANN] Version 3.0.0-rc0

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 17 09:53:32 CEST 2013

Stefan Winter wrote:
> $1 = (modcallable *) 0x2527285345554c41

  Which is %'(SEULI

  So... there's either a buffer overflow, or a use after free error.

> Note that this is the EXACT same error I get when trying to shut down
> the most recent 2.x.x branch. Yes, the same invalid hex pointer.
> Byte-by-byte.

  Because it's the same configuration.

> So whatever the problem in 2.x.x is, it has survived the numerous
> changes in the master branch.
>
> Needless to say... anyone wanting to use FreeRADIUS 2.2.1 or 3.0.0 with
> systemd will suffer from this. I think this is a bit of a showstopper
> for a 3.0 release.

  I'll blame your configuration.  It's weird!

  But realistically, it does need to be fixed.  If you could narrow it
down to a simple configuration (without depending on local config), that
would help a lot.