Status-Server replies

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Tue Mar 5 11:08:43 CET 2013

Hi,

we use freeradius (currently 2.2.0) status server feature to gather
statistics from our RADIUS servers (and plot it with rrdtool), which
works quite nice, with a single flaw: As documented in the status server
example config, "The Status-Server packets are also counted in the total
requests && responses.". This falsifies the numbers, especially since we
use two different stats (one global, one separated by client).
There is a packet code for Status-Client (13) besides Status-Server
(12), so I modified the code to use and accept that one (patch attached,
only slightly tested).
So I wondered, is there a specific reason for using Access-Accept
instead of Status-Client? (Ok, the reply code could also be
Access-Reject, but AFAICS this only used for Status-Server requests on
non-status port, which would be an unusual situation, so I guess that's ok.)

Regards
Jakob