Any reason why rlm_sql_unixodbc.so and rlm_sql_postgresql.so use hardcoded rpaths?

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at ja.net
Wed Apr 16 18:30:21 CEST 2014

Hiya,

This has been flagged to me by one of our development partners. Apparently when the rpath check is added to the RPM build command, the following errors are flagged up for the UnixODBC and PostgreSQL modules:

ERROR   0001: file '/usr/lib64/freeradius/rlm_sql_unixodbc.so' contains a standard rpath '/usr/lib64' in [/usr/lib64]
ERROR   0001: file '/usr/lib64/freeradius/rlm_sql_postgresql.so' contains a standard rpath '/usr/lib64' in [/usr/lib64]

I've tried the standard trick as per http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RPath_Packaging_Draft (i.e. passing --disable-rpath) but only the 'last resort', using chrpath, works.

Is there a specific reason why UnixODBC and PostgreSQL use hardcoded rpaths? Of course, Alan D, fixes are always welcome (and I'm happy to provide those once I figure out how to make them go away). :-)

With Regards

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator
t: +44 (0)1235 822 125

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024 and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238