Problem with custom accounting module.

Chaigneau, Nicolas nicolas.chaigneau at capgemini.com
Tue Apr 22 14:45:08 CEST 2014

I've stumbled onto this also.

Suddenly my server started crashing.
So I checked what I added recently. Removed stuff, until there was almost nothing left in the module, but still it crashed (on "request->packet->anything").

And then I noticed someone had changed the build procedure, adding "--enable-developer" to the FreeRADIUS build.
(module wasn't built with "-DNDEBUG").

Since several (at least two !) people have had this problem, maybe something could be done.

Perhaps adding a public function in FreeRADIUS, which would allow to check if it was built or not with "NDEBUG" ?
This would allow a module, upon instantiate, to check that its build is consistent with the server build, and if not complain and return "fail".

What do you think ?