segfault with 3.0.3 on rhel 6.5

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu May 15 18:17:33 CEST 2014

On 15 May 2014, at 15:33, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> Stefan Paetow wrote:
>> Just to confirm, I’ve been able to reproduce on my CentOS 6.5 system
>> with an RPM version of this.
>
>  I've pushed a fix.  It turns out that changing a "char*" pointer to a
> "char" variable causes problems.
>
>  Arran owes me a beer.

I do *sigh*.

I've added a line to the build matrix to build with -O2 and various env
variables which enabled extra checks in Malloc. Hopefully one of those
things will catch this sort of stupidity in future.

The compiler can't catch these issues as were taking the pointer or an
offset assigning it to a void* and then writing to it as the config is
parsed. None of the normal type checking works.

FreeRADIUS Development Team