Informations about Auth-Type section

Geaaru geaaru at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:30:07 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

I see on previous post that there is an idea to change sections on 3.1
and there is a comment related with Auth-Type module.

1. Currently, I'm using Auth-Type section for handle CHAP/PAP
authentication. If Auth-Type section will be remove how I said to
freeradius server to check for PAP or CHAP password ?

2. Currently on 3.0 tree Auth-Type is not usable inside pre-proxy or
authorize section. Is there a way to handle authentication in proxy
process (or in authorize or in pre-proxy section)?

3. If I undenstand correctly with 3.1 check if username/password are
correct will be handled always in process section also for proxy flow.
Is it correct?

Thanks in advance

geaaru