Commit report for v3.1.x branch - logrotate

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 18 02:15:24 CEST 2015

On Sep 17, 2015, at 7:44 PM, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:
> You're right. It should use -USR1 to reload the config, and -HUP
> for reopening the log files ;-P

  Nginx does:

 -s signal Send a signal to the master process. The signal can be one of: stop, quit, reopen, reload. The following table shows the corresponding system signals.

	• stop SIGTERM
	• quit SIGQUIT
	• reopen SIGUSR1
	• reload SIGHUP

  That makes sense.  And it's a bit more portable than "killall" or "kill".

> Incidentally, "help hup" in radmin segfaults the server. Pull
> request incoming.

  Weird.  I'll take a look at the patch.