Memory usage in 3.0

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 18:34:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

>   We'll probably release 3.1 / 3.2 in a year or so.  I'd like to stop new development on 3.0, and keep changes to bug fixes.  Then, the next release becomes the "experiment with new features" release.

..which would be 3.2.0 ideally - 3.1.x will be at some unknonw number of x and those who have tried/tested things
will be ready for 3.2.x production. Then all new stuff goes into 3.3.x - or 4.0.x ?
it would be good to keep the odd numbered sub-release (3.1, 3.3, 3.5 as the test/dev track with the 3.0, 3.2 etc being
the stable/release..... with some cut-off time for the previous one.  how long would support be for 3.0.x after
3.2.x came out for example?

alan