dlopen issues on Almalinux9

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.com
Fri Jul 15 00:29:07 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jul 14, 2022, Alan DeKok wrote:
>On Jul 14, 2022, at 7:37 PM, Bill Campbell <bill at celestial.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to build freeradius from the git version 4.0.0 on Almalinux9,
>
>  So if v4 works, great.  Otherwise, it's largely unreleased, and unsupported.

I'm fine with that.  I've tried with the release release_3_2_0
tag and the v3.2.x branch, but get orders of magnitude more
errors (e.g. 2.5MB build output vs about 181KB.  I don't know
what the mailing list maximum size is (mine are generally 40KB).

>  We're actively developing it, and it may (or may not) work on a day-to-day basis.
>
>> but having problems with failures building the included dlopen.c.
>
>You haven't posted any actual error messages, so it's a little difficult to
>tell what's going on.

I didn't want initially to post a fairly large message to the
list, hoping that somebody already had addressed this problem.

>It should be blatantly obvious that the best approach is to post the error
>messages.

OK, I'm attaching a gzip'ed file with the output of my most
recent build attempt of the 4.0.0 branch.

Bill
Mobile:         (206) 947-5591  PO Box 820
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820

Currencies do not float, they sink at different rates.