Query on UDP proxy socket using freeradius version 3.0.16

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 16 16:28:22 UTC 2023

On Jun 16, 2023, at 12:08 PM, Saurabh <saurabh24sbp at gmail.com> wrote:
> We deployed freeradius as client which receives radius message from UE/AP
> and proxy that to external AAA for auth and acct. You think it's 100
> messages per second.

  That's fine.

> Facing one customer issue where even though udp socket is open and serving
> request to a AAA on a source port, observed a new port is open to same AAA.

  Is that causing a problem?

> My doubt is why a new socket with a new port to same AAA even if there is a
> one already. This behavior seen sometime not always.

  Why not just say that at the start, instead of asking a bunch of unrelated questions?

  This is how RADIUS works.  It's fine.

  i.e. If it's working, don't waste your time worrying about it.

  Do the log messages contain an error?

  No?  Then it's fine.  Why worry when there's no error?