Query on UDP proxy socket using freeradius version 3.0.16

Saurabh saurabh24sbp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 16:08:45 UTC 2023

Hi,

Sorry i may missed to present the problem to you.

 I am a user of freeradius last 10 years since 2.0.12.

We deployed freeradius as client which receives radius message from UE/AP
and proxy that to external AAA for auth and acct. You think it's 100
messages per second.

Facing one customer issue where even though udp socket is open and serving
request to a AAA on a source port, observed a new port is open to same AAA.

My doubt is why a new socket with a new port to same AAA even if there is a
one already. This behavior seen sometime not always.

Thanks,
Saurabha