No accounting replies to NAS'es!

Nicolas Baradakis nbk at sitadelle.com
Wed Aug 3 14:24:41 CEST 2005

Erling Paulsen wrote:

> realm student.X.Y {
>         type            =       radius
>         authhost        =       studentserv.X.Y:1812
>         accthost        =       LOCAL
>         secret          =     	<some secret>
>         nostrip
> }
>
> Setting accthost to LOCAL for handling the accounting. The problem is that
> the NAS'es never recieves any accounting reply and I don't understand why?

It's a known bug of 1.0.x versions of FreeRADIUS. Try to replace the
file src/main/acct.c in the source tree by the file you can download
there:

http://www.freeradius.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/radiusd/src/main/acct.c?rev=1.30.2.2

Then rebuild the server and try your setup again.

--
Nicolas Baradakis