Cisco, DNIS and ISDN Problems

Wilhelm Lehmann wilhelm at namibnet.com
Thu Aug 4 14:14:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

I don't specify a NAS-Port-Type value, and on the Lucent (Livingston) then
it doesn't matter if the user is Async or ISDN, it works.

I tried a default of NAS-Port-Type = Async|ISDN and on the Livingston it
still works, ie a user can still connect Async or ISDN but not on the cisco
NAS. On the Cisco he can only connect Async.

The only difference in ANY of my setups between the Lucent and the Cisco is

client 196.45.xx.xx {
        secret          = xxxx
        shortname       = e1-whk-1-gw
        nastype         = livingston
}

client 196.44.xx.xx {
        secret          = xxxxx
        shortname       = Windhoek-as1
        nastype         = cisco
}

But strangely when I switch back to Livingston radius with the same configs
as freeradius ISDN and Async works again for the same user on Cisco and
Lucent.

Wilhelm