free radius server sends Shared secret is incorrect

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Fri Aug 5 17:11:02 CEST 2005

Geraldin Arthy <geraldinarthy at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I am using my own radius client and not the radius client which is provided along with the server.
> This is the response which i get
..
> Received Accounting-Request packet from 132.186.71.55 with invalid signature!  (Shared secret is incorrect.)
> Could you tell me where i'm going wrong.How to make the server
> accept my request and how do i get back a response??

  You fix your client to properly implement the RFC.

  Good luck debugging it.  It's not a FreeRADIUS issue, so I suggest
you don't ask further questions about it here.

  And why the heck is this so complicated?  FreeRADIUS comes with
source code that implements this already!  Is it really so difficult
to read that code, and learn from it?