different eap/tls config for different interfaces

ragan_davis at colstate.edu ragan_davis at colstate.edu
Fri Aug 5 22:03:57 CEST 2005

I'm running freeradius on a linux box with 2 nics, eth0 and eth1.
Let's say eth0 has an ip of 192.168.5.5, and eth1 has an ip of
192.168.6.6.  And, eth0 is a member of vlan 5 and eth1 is a member of
vlan 6.  I bind freeradius to "*", so it's listening on both
interfaces/ip's.

I generated freeradius' tls certificate with a common name matching
the ip of eth0 (192.168.5.5).  Will this cause problems when a client
tries to connect to freeradius via eth1 (192.168.6.6)?  If so, is it
possible to have 2 different tls sections that service the 2 different
interfaces?  Seems like I read somewhere that you can represent more
than one IP in the common name of a certificate, but can't remember
for sure as it's been a while.  Anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!