Multiple Password Prompts

Alan DeKok aland at ox.org
Sat Aug 6 00:45:53 CEST 2005

Josh Howlett <josh.howlett at bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Zyxel is selling a $500 FreeRADIUS box (with some question of possible GPL
> > violations)
>
> *sigh*
>
> If this is the case I hope you will inform the list.

  It was discussed on freeradius-devel a little.  I've exchanged email
with one of their sales reps, and was told:

  - zyxel complies with the GPL
  - there is no mention of GPL or "download" offer in the product
  - we offer source only to paying customers

  This is despite that fact that the GPL says:

  a) you must OFFER source
  b) anyone who gets binaries can request source

  The binaries are on their web site, for anyone to download.  Running
"strings" on it yeilds many references to FreeRADIUS-specific terms.

  Maybe I'll send their legal department a nice letter, asking for a
CD of source, and saying that if they refuse to send me a CD, they
should stop infringing on my (and others) copyright.