Trying to setup FreeRadius w/ LDAP(ActiveDirectory), PEAP

Andrew Daniels adaniels at imageek.org
Wed Aug 10 22:23:39 CEST 2005

I'm probably over complicating this, and I've searched the archives for
two days now, I've googled for twice that, and I can't seem to find a
clear, "howto" on setting this up.

Here's my goals:

1) Freeradius
2) EAP-TLS -> PEAP (for secure, non-client certificate)
3) LDAP for user authentication

I can copy my current configurations, but it's really irrelevant, if
someone can just point me to a guide on how to set this up, I'll start
from scratch, here's one I tried, and failed:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/8021X-HOWTO/freeradius.html

I also read all three of the Paranoid Penguin articles from Linux Journal,
though that dealt with TLS and client certificates.

Here's my enviornment:

Windows XP SP2 clients
Foundry Wireless AP's
Active Directory

FreeRadius v1.0.4 running on SuSE Linux 9.3 Professional

What other information would anyone like?

Andrew